To the year that's rolling in

It's always the penultimate day of a home vacation that's the hardest to survive. On the last day of a vacation, I'm usually busy attending and making phone calls, meeting up with friends and relatives I couldn't meet during the vacation, going out or packing. On the penultimate day, however, I usually find myself reflecting upon the rosy days that flew by oh-so-fast.

Today is the last but one day of a long 10 day vacation at home. While I genuinely felt I learnt a little bit more on how to survive on my own in Mumbai, these 10 days of staying home has made me feel depressed of going back. It's truly sad that one cannot always stay home and be a child.The thought of the inevitable journey away from home is disappointing. The realisation that I have to go back to my ordinary everyday existence is crushing, and more so when that realisation strikes me on New Year's Eve.

Am I looking forward to 2019? I do not know. I'm not particularly thrilled about the new year. Another year rolls in, another year deeper I go into adulthood, yay!

Time really is elastic. 2017 had seemed painfully long for me, because for the second half of 2017, I was an incapable and struggling adult. 2018, however, moved faster than 2017 probably because I became accustomed to the mundanity of everyday adulthood. Barring the occasional weekend parties and a couple of short holidays, I spent most of 2018 working or sleeping or in transit between work and sleep. 2018 was also the year when I was the least creative. Since its inception, this is the only year when this blog hasn't been touched upon for over 11 months. While that thought did bother me every once in a while, I did not have anything in mind to write about and hence, this blog remained barren this year, that is till now.

But all things considered, I would fondly remember the ending year as my second year of real adulting. It was another year of learning to stay strong, to be my own person, to be a better friend, and to be a better human being.

Whether or not I like it, time's moving. 2019 is nearer than it seems.

And so, here's wishing you all a Happy New Year! Let it be better than 2018 for you and for me.




Unlike me, Cathan knows that time is just an arbitrary construct invented by hoomans that has no bearing on the universe or his life. Be Like Cathan. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

മുറ്റത്തെ ചക്കരമാവിൻ ചുവട്ടിലെ ഓർമ്മകൾ

Windows of Joy

Dual Lives